About Paul Langan
|Paul Langan, Canadian author, historian, founder High Speed Rail Canada, Community Sports Volunteer|
- Hespeler’s Hidden Secret - The Coombe Home 1905-1947
- The Three Hotels of Preston - The History of the Preston Springs, Kress and Sulphur Springs Hotel
- The Brothers-In-Law 1963-1970 from Windsor, Ontario.
- The History of The Chantones - Part 3 – The folk years 1962-1976
- The History of the Chantones - Part 2 - Jack Scott and more success - 1958-1961
- The History of the Chantones - Part 1 - The early years 1954-57
- Hespeler - A sustainable community moving forward
- Monorails in Magazines 1918-1971
- The 1969 Tri-Mono-Trans (TMT) High-Speed Monorail Proposal
- Sabotage in Hespeler (a short story),
- Alternatives Denied - The $100,000,000 Highway 7 Fiasco (2000 reprint),
- Play and Coach Hockey Like 1959!,
- The History of Fisher Mills and Beaverdale, Ontario,
- VIA Rail Canada vs The Public
- The Shipwreck of the "Scotland"
- The Canadian Brucellosis Incident (a short story)
- Forgotten Monorails of Canada (12/2020),
- Tragedy in Galt - The May 2nd, 1956 CP Rail Crash (01/2021),
- Remembering Glen Christie - The History of the Village of Glen Christie, ON from those that lived there (06/01/2021).
- Tales of Opera - Waterloo County/ Region 1885-2020 (09/23/2021)
- Hespeler History - The Authorized Winfield Brewster Collection (11/10/2021)
- Classic Hockey Stories from Pulps Golden Era, 1930s-1950s, (12/04/2021)
He previous has written five local history booklets during the period of 1998-2002. They are now out of print. Check out the Books page for more details.
Debra Langan is professor at WLU Brantford. Son Dylan Langan has a Masters in Community Music and is the Conductor, Composer and Artistic Director and is owner of Yellow Brick Music. Daughter Katie Langan, has her Master of Applied Human Nutrition and is a Registered Dietitian. She works as a dietitian at Centre for Bariatric Excellence at Guelph General Hospital.
High Speed Rail CanadaPaul has been fighting for increased passenger rail service in Canada for over 20 years. He is the founder of High Speed Rail Canada. It is an educational online resource centre on high speed rail. http://www.highspeedrailcanada.com.
Community Youth Sports VolunteerPaul has volunteered most of his adult life in youth sports organizations. He coached and was convenor for Hespeler Minor Hockey. He was a coach for Cambridge Youth Soccer. He was the founder and President of Scorpions Youth Volleyball Club from 2010-2021.
Recognition Awards Given to Paul Langan
Paul has been the recipient of the:
- City of Cambridge Sports Contributor of the Year Award
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal Recipient
- Rudolph Boost Heritage Award - City of Cambridge