All Ontario products in this recipe!
|Ontario Strawberry Rhubarb GF Crisp|
It is sad that Mr. Trump have decided to attack Canada with rude insults, lies and tariffs.
I decided to bake an all Canadian, in fact all Ontario, strawberry,rhubarb, gluten free crisp.
- The rhubarb was from my backyard.
- The strawberries are from Haskett farms in Vittoria, Ontario.
- The oats are 100% Canadian from the Quaker plant in Peterborough Ontario.
- The Gay Lea Butter is from Ontario.
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 cups sliced fresh Ontario strawberries
4 cups thinly sliced & diced Ontario rhubarb
1 cup good gluten-free flour (I used Jules)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup salted butter
3/4 cup Quaker rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a baking pan 9x13 with cooking spray
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch.
3. Add the sliced strawberries and rhubarb and stir together with a spatula until fruit is all coated with sugar mixture.
4. Spread the fruit mixture into the 9x13 baking dish.
5. Measure the flour, brown sugar and oats into a medium sized bowl. Melt butter overtop
6. Crumble oat mixture on top of the fruit mixture.
7. Bake 45 minutes in a 375° oven, or until lightly browned and crisp.